This listing is for three professional-quality, handmade oboe reeds (with a quantity discount)!
I aim for each reed to have:
• Easy response.
• Pleasant tone – not dark, but not bright either, will blend well with an ensemble.
• Stable pitch.
• Tuned to A=440, crowing “C” octaves.
• Medium or medium-hard strength, according to your preference – or if you would like a mix of both, just let me know.
I use the following materials:
• Hand-gouged cane, either on an Innoledy or RDG machine.
• Hand-shaped, usually with a Pfeiffer-Mack reproduction tip from Westwind Machining.
• Stevens silver, thinwall, 47mm staples.
• FF nylon thread.
Each reed is sterilized in 70% isopropyl alcohol before mailing.