Three student oboe reeds at a quantity discount! They’re listed as “student” reeds because these are a little easier to play than “professional” reeds, but probably not suitable for a complete beginner, because there’s a bit of resistance built into the reed.
I aim for each reed to:
• Have easy response.
• Have a pleasant tone – not too dark, but not too bright either, will blend well with an ensemble.
• Be stable in pitch at A=440, crowing “C” octaves.
• Be medium-soft, medium, or medium-hard strength, according to your preference.
• Measure ~around~ 70mm finished, just depending on pitch, etc.
• Encourage proper air volume and speed yet be playable for developing embouchures.
I use the following materials:
• Cane from various sources – I didn’t hand-gouge this cane, but I have a reliable source that is working well.
• Hand-shaped, with a Pfeiffer-Mack reproduction tip from Westwind Machining.
• A brass staple with synthetic cork.
Each reed is sterilized in 70% isopropyl alcohol before mailing.